Webbed Feet

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Classroom Management McBlog

Classroom management...hmmm...Follow Wong, do it every time, and it works. Sounds simple, right? Not so much. It takes a lot of patience and sometimes requires you to be an uncompromising, unrealistic jerk in order for the whole thing to work. My plan from the beginning of the year has gone through an extreme make-over. One day in a fit of rage I ripped my consequences off of the wall and changed them all on the spot. Now they get fewer warnings and more severe consequences. No more writing assignments (mainly because they were never done) and more zeros in the gradebook. As long as I am consistent, the program works wonders. Some of my rowdiest classes chill out almost overnight. 5th period is full of ridiculously disrespectful hellians, but even the most demonic could not overcome the angelic forces of Wong's methods of administering consequences and rewards every time. I'm impressed with its power, yet cannot force myself to do it every time. I find myself being leniant with the cool kids and being ruthless with the more disruptive ones. Not cool, I know, but it is so difficult sometimes...I'll get better...for the kids' sake, not so much my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home